Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Meet “Nannie” ~ The Strongest Little Lady I know, My Mom

My Mom, with her Dad~ Lt. Col. U.S. Air Force in 1955 ~
I’m sure there are Strong folks in everyone’s life so I’d like to tell you about my hero. She’s the Greatest Mom, Grandmother, Friend ever. Little in size
but truly one of the biggest ladies I know ~ she embraces each opportunity.

For years and years she took a back seat to my Dad, the ultimate in submissive women. Since his death in June of 2004 she has been so strong, so bold & brave in embracing life. You would think that after all that time with one Man she would hide from life, that certainly isn’t the case. She’s retired. She swims with the “Twinges” 3 days a week for her arthritis, she had both of her knees replaced at the same time January 2008. She is busy. She has lunch out most swimming days and always with her friends after Church on Sundays.
She reads and shares good books with me & Lindsey (her grand-daugher, my daughter).
She loves the “Goodwill” on Senior Day. She has been on a cruise.
She takes Trips with other Senior’s with a tour group. She loves her Church and her Pastor. She has several Dear Friends who she enjoys doing stuff with. Especially “Toddy” & “Cheryl” ~ She loves “going” ~ we try to have a day out every month or so, we go to the Dekalb Farmers Market or to Trader Joe’s & Super H Market. We always have to stop and get David ~ Asiago Cheese Bagels at Panera when we pass one to take him a treat. She tells him they “stink up car”. And, we always have lunch out. She enjoys Jason’s Deli, Chinese, Mexican, Italian, and sometimes just a burger from Steak & Shake.
She is a constant stream of support & encouragement for her Children, 2 girls & her Grandchildren, 2 girls & 2 boys.

I’m delighted that I have a Mom that I can be close to, that I can share anything with, that I can ask advice or opinions, that I can laugh with, that I can spend my days with. Why, she will even “junk” with me. What more could you ask for? So that my friends is why I clean for her, that’s the least I could do. I’ve heard it said that there is a special place in heaven for a Mother of girls – or maybe even boys. She sure deserves that special place! She certainly has a special place in my heart. She has done a great job with her “girls” and is so very proud of her “Grandchildren”.

I love you, “Nannie”!

~one vintage hag


2 comments:

  1. Hello all - WIll certainly pray for Preston and MOM -- How sweet you mentioned my blog :)-
    You are all the best !! MY fav shop !!- What a delight your Mom sounds -- very blessed --
    Hope to stop by SAt -- , going to the stamp show --there -- Have a blessed -- YAHOO - will be 60 + SAT !!! _ Blessings kathy - ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie you are so blessed to have such a dynamic mom in your life. Nannie reminds me so much of my mom who passed away 11 years ago this Feb 21st and not a day goes by that I don't miss her. As I read you the tribute you wrote I was thinking that "When I grow up I want to be like Nannie" and then I realized, Oh Wait, I am like Nannie! I'm a goodwill junkie and I love to swim whenever I can. I don't get to see you mom often anymore as I'm always working, but please give her a big hug and tell her she is the best!!! Dari aka I Need This, Antiques.

    ReplyDelete