Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines David, "Baby", I Love You!









“Dreams take time, patience, sustained effort,
a willingness to fail, if they are ever to be
anything more than dreams.”

I’m Married to the best man ever!
My tribute to the Most Remarkable Husband
In the world………. David.




“Baby”, Its Valentine’s Day and I wanted you to know
Just how special you are. My soul mate, my hide out,
my comfort, my security & my love.



How Do I Love Thee

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of every day’s
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs,
and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints; ---
I love thee with the breath, Smiles, tears, of all my life! ---
and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death.
~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Our Journey~

Let’s see – in the Fall of 1999 a friend & neighbor ask if she could
give my number to her “boss” – a bit perplexed I listened
as she described this Man. Thinking all the while, I don’t need
some man around, who will tell me what to do, betray me like
others have ~ why would I ever dream of saying yes,
Lindsey, Clayton & I pretty much have it made in our Little Cozy
Packed out Condo,
everything is rocking along really well. We could live
here together in our new little world forever and I would be fine with that.
Then right out of my mouth came ~ Sure~ what the heck
Dinner & a Movie, a Date, with this Guy sound’s like it might be fun. But,
I am not getting serious with anyone. Just so you know, our first
movie out together was the following Summer…. In Hilton Head. We saw a George Clooney movie, the one about the fisherman,
I adore George C & David ~!

A few days later on a Sunny September evening, I get a call from
“David”. The next many weeks (like 6....) we spoke often on the phone ~sometimes
until very late or early in the morning you might say~ then the “ask out” –
he asked me out for dinner the 31st. The 31st of October
that’s Halloween, I couldn’t possibly leave my Children – on Halloween.
So, I ask if maybe we could make our date a little later ~ we
went out for the first time, November 4, 1999. South City Kitchen,
I met him on the way ~ didn’t want to get Lindsey & Clayton
involved with someone I would only go out with occasionally….
Yea, right….. So, things went along really well and we grew closer ~
by the end of November it was time to meet “the children” ~ so, you’ll
love this
~ he suggested meeting them on “neutral turf” ~ he picked us
up at our home and took us to dinner at Chili’s (someplace they liked~).
That night he borrowed Cd’s from his daughter, Kelly that we more hip
and the kids would like to have playing while we were in the car.
What a Sweetheart! No wonder, I liked him so much.

Since that time, we have shared joys, laughter (he laughs at me mostly),
love, tragedy, heart break & death. We have an amazing unconditional
love. Good or bad, he never waivers. He is always the same, just the love of my life….. He has always been nurturing, offered guidance, always been a listening board for Our Children, you would never know that he isn’t there Biological Father. He is their Dad, in every aspect of the word and treats them as such in every circumstance. Together, we complete each others sentences, we think alike. We are the absolute happy couple!
January 7, 2005 ("Nannie's" birthday) we married (it was a secret, that we revealed that night at Nannie’s birthday party) and I couldn’t be
happier with this man whom I adore, with our life together, with our
Children (Sebastian, too) and can’t imagine my life without him.
He Cooks (He’s Italian, of course he cooks…), He Cleans, He Scrubs, He Keeps my “truck” looking sparkly clean (most of the time) , He does
the Wash, He folds & irons my clothes ~ guess you could say ~I have it made.
Thanks, Baby!

Back a bit to give some history ~Lindsey left to begin College at Young Harris in the Fall of 2003 ~ we still had Clayton at home, time passes quickly and soon it was the Fall of 2005 ~ Clayton had made his “go off the College decision” Middle Georgia, 2 + hours away… ~ David ~ "wondering what we would do without a “child” in the house……..

So, in November, 2005 ~while doing our Monthly “junkin” at Lakewood (the original one) ~ we were making our second pass and rounded the corner to find a “house” full of “White Miniature Schnauzers” ~ he had told me whenever he got another dog, this is what it would be ~ so….. I knew quickly we were in trouble. The puppy that caught his eye was already sold, a Precious Female (the runt, tiny & precious, wearing a pink boa…) ~ we left without a puppy ~ I was “SHOCKED”. Over the next few days, those puppies were all I heard about....no shed, no dander, no drool, little dog with big dog personalities…. And on and on….~ so, on Saturday morning while I was getting ready for work at the “village”, I told David to go to Lakewood and pick up “Sebastian” ~ little dog with a big name. He did just that later that day, with Nannie in tow. So, problem solved, we had another “child” ~ four legged one but a “little one” at home again. He could rest better now….~!

Bless his heart~ he’s married to a “nerd” ~ a junk lover, a dumpster diver ~ a house clutter bug, a collector of Shabby Treasures (most of which he doesn’t care for…) Wonder what I did to deserve such a wonderful man? He puts up with a lot of my nonsense. When you aren’t looking ~ look what falls into your life. I’d call that faith.

He’s my “baby”, my rock, my safe place to rest my head, my soul mate, my much better half, my support system, my best man friend ~ it seems like we have been together forever. I wish everyday, to get the next as another to spend by his side. My biggest wish is to spend all the days left in my life with this amazing Man. Grow Old with me Baby, they tell me the best if yet to be.

So, Gift #1 on this 2009 Valentines ~ a tribute to the Man I simply adore, David ~ And, I know just how disappointed you were that I made “cupcakes” last time to share with the “chicks”, I got the “cupcake” message loud & clear last time ~ I know that like “Bill Cosby” prefer regular manly ~ cHoCoLaTe cAkE… ~ so I have a special dessert for you later this evening. Dinner, too ~ and it will be YUMMY!

Sell a bunch of cars/trucks today and I will see you after work for each of us today.

My amazing husband!
The opening Song in my blog today ~ just for you.
Happy Valentines “Baby”!
All my Love, “Baby”
~one vintage hag

No comments:

Post a Comment