Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"Village" Closed for Snow Days... but many treasures can be found inside....

As with most Sunday's, Dari comes by for a picture update for the website... this Sunday much to her surprise, her outing and booth replenish was cut short due to our "winter snow..." , that Ground Hog said we would have an early spring.....
nope, we got snow ~ then ice.
So, for the protection of our dealers who work each day
at the "village" we closed both Sunday and Monday ~ below are some Sunday shots ~ and some "village thoughts" ~ that I think you will enjoy.

"Store closed but many treasures inside...."
Yes, the celebration continues..... Clayton isn't finished yet.
I'll share some funny pictures later in the week of his 21st birthday conclusion...

Its time for "rabbits, bunnies & chicks oh my....." all at the "village"

My guess is this darling "memo board" or is it a "memory board" is in the Mmg spot,
Michelle has a talented daughter ~ wait til you see what I got from her on Saturday...
Yes, Lew ~ I love this, Teapot turned recipe/picture holder with old flatware....
keep them coming. Great for Mother's day...
haven't seen this "precious baby" ~ Zuri before, who brought her in?
She won't stay long
what a "cutie"~!

Whimsy ~ did you do that pretty altered art oval?

Fox or is it Piggy~? ~ What a lovely vintage mirrored dresser....

Dari shared this with me in an email during our "snow". Thought it was interesting perspective from another "talent" at the "village". I feel much the same but
didn't know how to put it quite so eloquently...

"One of my favorite things about Vintage Village is the vision that so many of our dealers bring with the items they offer. Americans are known for their ingenuity and my grandmother, having lived through the depression, always said, "Use it up, wear it out or make it do." "Make-do's" are still among my favorite treasures and I have found so many joyful pieces at Vintage Village. Where else can you find architectural pieces like gingerbread fretwork rescued from a Victorian home, pretty lace and cherubs that have taken up residence on dainty oval frames, or ironwork fern stands transformed into serving plates and napkins for patio guests."

~ This is all very very true ~ come see us, you'll not be disappointed~!
The "village" reopens today ~ March 3 to begin our diligent selling for our new month....
For today, an outing with "Clayton" ~ that promises to be fun, tomorrow afternoon I'm back at the "village" ~ pictures from "upstairs" my priority. I have figured out the camera battery so I'm ready...
~one vintage hag
p.s. still have some "clayton" music going ~ love this song... it was on "greys" last week too...
and there is a "soup story" & more "winter wonderland" coming this week...
did you see the "bachelor" ~ I picked his choice, not his "break up" ~ how sad is that...?

No comments:

Post a Comment