Wednesday, June 13, 2012

It's a "New Day" at Vintage Village

a fresh day filled with opportunity...


As I mentioned in a post earlier this week my dear friend and business partner retired from being a "hag" earlier this year.  After 17 years owning a business together its a bit overwhelming to wrap your thoughts around being the only "hag".  It's such a good thing for her and I was delighted that she decided to stay on in a small spot at Vintage Village so that she stays in touch with all of us.

One of my first thoughts was a freshen up @ Vintage Village.  Time passes quickly and we don't always take a minute to look around and decide its time to spruce up but in our case... past time.  Scuffs on the walls required some fresh paint, stale looking floor plan required a bit of creativity and to get current some burlap.  Have you fallen in love with burlap like we have around the Village.  It's been around forever but who knew the possibilities it offers at such an affordable cost.

Little by little things have been crossed off the list and yesterday was no exception.  One of the many things I've wanted to freshen up is our counter area.  Girlfriends with power tools are a blessing! Dealers with connections for vintage tin roofs, yes... another blessing. 



Still have some trim out with cool old moulding to do but how crusty, delightful, vintage our reface turned out.  Re purposed, fresh & oh... so WONDERFUL!  It's even magnetic.  Thank you Thank you Thank you, Carla!  I bet like me that bubble bath felt really good last night.  Bet you slept good too.  A days hard work does wonders for the soul.

It occurs to me that not so many are afforded the blessings I have been.  To be in a business I'm passionate about.  To be surrounded with such talented and creative group of dealers.  To have the BEST customers EVER!  To have fun at my job.  To be excited for the next work day.  Being a "hag" isn't all it's cracked up to be at times but it's oh so wonderful at others.  Truly, grateful!

The list is long and the ideas that ole hamster in my head spins are sometimes interesting to say the least. It's been a fun few weeks in this new adventure.

Wait til you see what's next...

♥ one vintage hag



No comments:

Post a Comment