Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Fabulous Read...

When the weather is cold outside it's the perfect time to curl up
with a great book and read.
I've read several books this winter and without doubt this is the absolute best~!
Same Kind of Different As Me
Ron Hall & Denver Moore
It begins outside a burning plantation hut in Louisiana...
and an East Texas honky-tonk... and, without a doubt, in the heart of God.
It unfolds in a Hollywood hacienda...
an upscale New York Gallery...
a downtown dumpster...
a Texas ranch.
Gritty with pain and betrayal and brutality,
it also shines with an unexpected, life-changing love.
Words cannot express the gratitude found in this story.
I can hardly wait to get their other book
What Difference Do It Make
Add this book to your library list or pick one up at your local book store.
Why, it might just be part of this hag's upcoming giveaway.
~one vintage hag

4 comments:

  1. This sounds very good.... I will check it out!! I am reading "The Lady in the Tower" by Allison Wier & also "Kisser" by Stuart Woods. Both very good.....one is 16th century English history & the other is a good old fashioned detective mystery.
    Have a Wonderful Day!
    Love,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will have to check it out. I just finished the Lovely Bones for the third time. One of my favorites. Sea Witch

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great book! It was good to see you at the Village (I wasn't feeling so good--and not too perky). I love all my treasures--I haven't gotten out much lately, so it was fun to shop a little. Thanks for your encouraging comments--you are too kind!

    ReplyDelete